This is an exceedingly rare collection of glass eyes used for teaching at the San Francisco Eye Institute (Greens Eye Hospital – where the B.& L. Greens refractor was developed). They were brought around the Horn in 1870 from Austria. They are hand blown glass. They depict such diseases as corneal staphyloma, calcific degeneration, corectopia, corneal scar,pterygium,corneal ulcer, scleritis and so on. Courtesy of the Don Komick collection.